Wednesday 22 January 2014

Capturing The Light Rays


Most of the people who pick up the camera try to find the nearest flower to click. Is it just it's beauty? I don't think so. It is the deep focus/ small depth of field (Blur in the background) that one can obtain using 'macro mode' that attracts the most, if you ask me. It is the same reason that makes photos in DSLR look attractive. They give deep focus making the subject in the front sharp. This is the first obsession that most of  the camera owner will have.

I am obsessed with taking Black and White pictures with high contrast, having large portion of the background in black, taking pictures of cloud formations,grungy looks, backlit etc. But ever since I saw the sun rays captured in Pramod Pailoor's this photo in Facebook, Dinesh Hegde's this photo in NatGeo and Shailesh Makwana's this photo in Flickr in quick succession, I fell in love them all over again.
In my childhood, dose used to be baked using firewood, little far from the kitchen. Every morning, these light beams would sneak in to that room. I used to be fascinated with it. I was playing with it while waiting for the next dose. I had even tried to take pictures of them when I had got my hand on digital camera but I was unsuccessful. These photos I saw, rekindled those memories of my childhood in a way and created strong urge to capture similar kind of photos.

But it's not as if it will be readily available! One has to wake up early in the morning and have to set out in search of it. These rays are very alluding in nature. Besides, Who would want to get up early in the winter of December, huh? But the desire to capture something similar was so strong that I kicked my laziness out and caught hold of few such pictures. It was not as difficult to find them as I thought it would be. First few are taken in Sirsi and rest are in Bangalore. Hope you like them as much as I do! I would advice you to click on the pictures to see them in full screen. Please avoid mobile screens to see the photos.















I would like to deviate a little from the topic here. Just observe how litter has been accumulated inside the park in the above picture. It is this kind of lack of civic sense that makes us Indians ugly. An European man Xaver Xylophon made a short animated video based on the days of riding around in rickshaws in Bangalore. You can see that he has made a point to include litter in so many frames. It is such a shame!



Now, you will let me know which one did you like the most. Wont you? :)

8 comments:

  1. My favorites are 3, 4 and 7, in that order.

    #3 - the way the leaves are lit is extraordinary.
    #4 - such a magical feel as if there are separate sources of orange and blue light
    #7 - its almost like a soothing shower is soaking the entire space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vasuki. In #4, the blue light is because of the smoke that was coming because of the smoke from the wood burning nearby.
    #7 was taken at Makkala koota park. Early morning in Bangalore's winter is a beautiful thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. Beautifully captured.

    ReplyDelete
  4. super dude.. I loved all but 1,5, and 6 enjoyed the most..
    keep posting..

    ReplyDelete